How churches stand on the state gender policy

how churches stand

Prime Minister of Belize Dean Barrow (photo: Foreign and Commonwealth Office)

BELIZE JOURNAL PT. 1 on how churches stand. Two years ago Prime Minister Dean Barrow met with church leaders to hear how churches stand on his revised and pro-LGBT gender policy. The churches had sent him a comprehensive report and proposed extensive changes. The PM agreed to 95% of our recommendations. He agreed to meet again on how churches stand on the remaining 5 percent. But he did not follow through despite our repeated requests. We did not even see the gender policy revised with our approved recommendations included, until two years later, on September 27, 2016.

Only 12 of our 40 main recommendations were implemented. 28 were not. They were not only recommendations that pro-LGBT provisions be taken out. They included many pro-family provisions to be put in. Too often people hear how churches stand against policies and not what we stand for. We stand for these basic points that a gender policy should include, but that the present policy addresses either inadequately or not at all.

WHAT WE STAND FOR:

Affirming the time-proven definitions of gender as male and female only, and marriage as between one man and one woman only.

Enforcing child and spousal support & maintenance. (The recent Criminal Code #60 only partly addresses this.)

Improved measures to combat human trafficking.

Emphasizing zero-tolerance for gender-based violence and providing more shelters for victims (the recent Criminal Code #71-72 only partly addresses this).

Training health care professionals to effectively respond to gender-based violence.

Involving parents in decisions about their children.

Focusing on abstinence before marriage and faithfulness after marriage—for the sake of stable families where children can rely on the care of a mother and a father.

Promoting the above values in the media, and eliminating degrading media portrayals of women & girls.

WHAT WE STAND AGAINST:

Redefining man, woman, gender, sex, marriage & family to make room for all kinds of LGBT variations.

Defining new terms such as sexual orientation, gender stereotypes, gender socialization and gender mainstreaming in ways that impose LGBT social engineering.

Providing extra services and legal rights for LGBTs and prostitutes that the rest of us don’t have.

Using education as a “primary vehicle for transforming gender relations across the life cycle.”

At last we nailed down a meeting of the Church-State Commission to air these long-delayed concerns

Read more…

DailyInsight. It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. Frederick Douglass (See Prov. 22:6).

BPN articles related to how churches stand.

Gender policy revised again with church input

Chief Justice ruling on sodomy law in dispute.

Unjust judgment for sodomy—appeal pondered.

Sodomy ruling delayed, church prays for judge.

Sodomy verdict to be prayed for in all Belize.

LGBT claims that publicity is victory.

Sodomy lawsuit verdict set for July 27.

Gender identity disorder now called normal.

Transgender policy forced on schools by Obama.

Gay Pride denied; Guat vote affects BZ border.

Belize PM will meet Oct 3 with prayed-up Church.

LGBT agenda faces united prayer in Belize.
Belize PM delays talk with Church on gender.

Children run risk in & out of Belize schools.

Belize rape bill follows foreign gender policy.

Gender policy wording spells danger for Belize.

Related sources for how churches stand.

Channel 7 stories on Section 53 appeal.

Keyword: how churches stand.

 

Government finds out how churches stand on gender policy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>