PRAYER ALERT on OAS LGBTI resolutions. The OAS General Assembly meets June 19-21 in Cancun, Mexico. Among other topics it will present a draft resolution on the “Promotion and Protection of Human Rights.” As we see so often, “human rights” becomes a cover for LGBTI pressure to limit religious rights and freedoms. Within this “human rights” documents are many OAS LGBTI resolutions.
The most radical of the OAS LGBTI resolutions pushes for the inclusion of pro-LGBTI judges in deciding human rights cases. It argues for a “gender-balanced composition of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.” It wants the same for the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights. Thus it resolves to encourage OAS states “to nominate and elect persons that would ensure a membership that provides balance in terms of gender…” on the Court and on the Commission.
“Gender” here can include LGBTI. Increasingly LGBTI has gained status as five genders alongside male and female. The very fact that the resolution includes the “rights of LBGTI persons” implies a special status. They add “I” to LGBT for “Inter-sex” persons, previously known as hermaphrodites. “Inter-sex” refers to the anomaly of having a sexual anatomy that is not distinctly male or female.
Many more OAS LGBTI resolutions appear near the end of the document. Among others they want to:
- “Condemn all forms of discrimination and acts of violence on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and intersex traits.”
- “Urge member states…to eliminate, where they exist, barriers faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and intersex (LGBTI) persons to equal access to political participation and other areas of public life…”
- “Urge member states to adopt and implement effective measures to combat homophobia and transphobia…
- “To urge member states to afford appropriate protection to intersex people…”
- “Pay particular attention [my emphasis] to activities related to the protection and promotion of the human rights of LGBTI persons…”
Notice the “particular attention” paid to LGBTI persons. This implies that they have special rights that the rest of us don’t have. Being human, they already have all the human rights that the rest of us do have. CitizenGO is a global pro-family activist group. They warn that whenever LGBTIs gain these special rights, they use them to limit the rights of pro-family proponents. LGBTIs have also used their rights to censor biblical teachings on homosexuality. And to outlaw biblical therapy to homosexuals.
Sign the CitizenGO petition to defeat the OAS resolution on special LGBTI rights!
DailyInsight. The more rights we give to LGBT activists, the more rights they want to take away from the rest of us (See Gen. 19:4-9).
BPN articles related to OAS LGBTI resolutions.
Keyword: OAS LGBTI resolutions.
Time to persuade more nations to oppose the OAS LGBTI resolutions.